Saturday 26 April 2014

Certification

I have been for a while at a point where I have been unable to decide which age certification my trailer would fall under. If I were to take reference from existing media texts that my project has been inspired by (Super and Kickass) I would be aiming for an age 15 and over audience.
This is the requirements for a film to achieve a 15 certification.
Any of the following:



  •   strong violence
  •  frequent strong language (e.g. 'f***').
  •   portrayals of sexual activity
  •   strong verbal references to sex
  •   sexual nudity
  •   brief scenes of sexual violence or verbal references to sexual violence
  •   discriminatory language or behaviour
  •   drug taking







Out of these points especially considering the age of the actors being used, the only points I would consider including from this list is the frequent strong language and possibly verbal references to sex. Although in my opinion due to the fact that film trailers appear frequently on TV and in cinema screens very little, if not any of these can be included as to avoid offending and being inappropriate as an advertisement. I also don't want my trailer to be considered 'red band' which would not allow anyone under the age of 18 to be able to view it online.

Due to this I have decided to make my trailer a 12a. This means my product will be able to reach a far larger audience while still being able to include more mature themes and humour.

This is the requirements for a film to achieve a 12a certification.
Any of the following:
Misuse of drugs must be infrequent and should not be glamorised.

There may be moderate language. Strong language may be permitted, depending on the manner in which it is used.

There may be nudity, but in a sexual context it must be brief and discreet.

There may be moderate violence but it should not dwell on detail. There should be no emphasis on injuries or blood.

I believe that my trailer would be far for successful in appealing to a larger audience as a 12a while being able to keep the same intended plot 



No comments:

Post a Comment